Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A Prayer For A Friend

This is a poem i wrote in honor of a Friend, i was informed of these things on a chruch reteat and the information has affected me deeply. i have prayed for this Person every day since the i heard. so please if Your Friend in suffering... pray to whatever god You belive in to help Them. and talk to Them Yourself and let Them know how You feel about the things They do.

A Best Friend lasts forever
Memeries never fade
Remember when we were younger
and every day we played
Swinging in the park
and running in the sand
Back when boy bands were awesome
and N'sync was our favorite band
Going to church
Just to see our friends
Praying for toys
and ignoring all the trends
Things they change
but we'll stay close
Through thick and thin
I'll still love you the most
You started drinking
and smoking things you shouldn't
I really wish you'd stop
I really wish you wouldn't
When I let you know
You tell me that you'll try
but eventually I find out
It was just a lie
So I sit and I pray
Praying to GOD
"Help me God, She NEEDS your help"
and with his cheerful nod
He says he will
Her scars will mend
With this prayer for a friend
-Zach

Remember things don't happen instantly but you can be that helpful shove in the right direction.

No comments: